This set of pages is a placeholder for resources available from past worship services. These are organized by liturgical season. See the links below, and to the left for each season.
For other worship links and details:
- Visit the Events page for details about upcoming Sunday services
- Go to the Sermons page for audio of past sermons and other podcast offerings
- Details about other worship happenings and offerings are often available via email: Sign up to receive our emails here.
PAST WORSHIP OFFERINGS:
Easter Season: Download and print this Road from Easter to Pentecost. Colour each day as we move from Resurrection Sunday to remembering the day of Pentecost.
- EASTER SUNDAY: This year our Resurrection Sunday service took place over zoom.
See below for some of this year's Easter songs and videos:
- Palm Sunday:
- Listen to the Palm Sunday Podcast, available in our podcast feed and from the Sermons page
- Holy Week:
- Good Friday:
Lent is a 40 day period that echoes Christ’s 40 days of prayer, fasting, temptation, and trust in the desert. On our own and as a community we go forward into Lent, trusting that Christ’s blessing is with each of us on the journey, and that we will be met in the wilderness.
Below are some of the worship offerings available to you during this season:
- LENT PACKAGES: A package of Lent resources has been sent to people on the current church mailing list. If yours has not arrived yet, here are some of the resources for celebrating Shrove Tuesday (Feb 16) and Ash Wednesday (Feb 17):
- The Lent at Home booklet, which includes a pancake liturgy for Shrove Tuesday and many other resources for Ash Wednesday, the Lenten season, and Holy Week
- A Lenten Art Reflection, to be used as part of the Ash Wednesday podcast
- The Journey to Lent colouring page from Catholic Icing
- Ashes to be used on Ash Wednesday
- An Ash Wednesday Labyrinth colouring page and reflection for setting Lenten intentions
- A pastoral letter from Joy
- A copy of the Lord's Prayer
If you are not on the church mailing list but would like to be, or would like to request additional copies of any of the above, please contact email@example.com!
- Lent Podcasts: As a compliment to our Sunday zoom services, each week during Lent on Wednesdays will be posted a new podcast with reflections, readings and songs. Listen to these postcasts each week to enter contemplatively into the season of Lent.
PAST WORSHIP OFFERINGS:
- ASH WEDNESDAY: Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the season of Lent. This year, Ash Wednesday is on Feb 17th. Join us for participation in one or more of these Ash Wednesday offerings:
- Audio podcast: an Ash Wednesday audio offering of scripture, reflections, prayers and meditations, for you to listen to at any time. It is available on our Sermons page.
- Check out the Worship-at-Home booklet being sent to your home in the Lent packages to find ways to observe both Shrove Tuesday, abd Ash Wednesday, as well as ideas for how to enter into the season of Lent.
- The Lent packages will also include ashes for each household.
- Ash Wednesday service at 6:30pm: a short, family-friendly zoom service that will guide us through the placing of ashes on our foreheads to remind us that "we have been created by God and that it is God who holds us in life and in death." See the Ash Wednesday Event page for details.
CHRISTMAS EVE 2020: Did you miss the Christmas Eve service? Watch (or re-watch) songs and story here:
ADVENT 2020: We are in a season of waiting. Waiting for the light of Christ to come in fullness. As we wait with you, here are a few ways to participate in our corporate worship during Advent.
- SUNDAY SERVICES: 10:30am (zoom link on the Events page)
Come together virtually as we walk together towards the light.
Make sure to have your advent candles, communion elements, and instruments ready each week.
- LECTIO DIVINA podcasts: on the Sermons page, and in our podcast feed
Take time for quiet reflective listening to scriputre, solo, or with your household or homegroup.
Lectio for a new scripture passage will be posted each Sunday.
- SONGS to listen to during Advent
Musicians from our community have recorded a few Grandview favourite Advent songs.
Stream from the website, or download to listen at your leisure.
- ADVENT AT HOME packages: in your mailbox!
By now you should have receved your own Advent package. This package includes:
- a pastoral message from Joy
- and an Advent at Home booklet with weekly practices for celebrating through the Advent and Christmas seasons and words to a collection of the Advent songs recorded by members of our community.
- seasonal colouring pages
- instructions for making a lantern (we will use these on Christmas Eve!)
- If you haven’t received this mailout, please contact Randy at admin @gcbchurch.ca.
...And if you or your kids love the colouring pages, we have lots of other designs. Please ask and we can send you some more!
- LONGEST NIGHT of the Year Service: December 16th, 8pm
Join us for a reflective online service to mark the Long Night of the Year. This service will be a time of remembrance for those experiencing loss, grief and loneliness during this Christmas season. It will also be a time to acknowledge and remember that God shines in the midst of our darkness.
In this time of physical and social isolation, we recognize the importance of being pastored, and of feeling and being connected to others in our community. Below are a few offerings that you can choose to use as you enter into worship on a Sunday or through the week.
But worship of our Creator takes many forms! Lots of them don't need resources, let alone a church building or even other people. We hope you can use your creativity and listen to the whispers of the Spirit and embrace worship in your homes and neighbourhoods that goes far beyond these offerings.
Weekly Resource Offerings for previous weeks of Sunday Worship:
OCTOBER & NOVEMBER: Unraveled
SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER: James cont'd
AUGUST: Community Under Pressure: A Study of the Book of James
JULY: JOINING JESUS on the JOURNEY continued...
JUNE: JOINING JESUS on the JOURNEY
Resource Pages from previous Sundays: see links to the left
Morning, Evening & Sabbath Prayers (digital versions):